Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't be afraid to dance to your own tune!

I love music! Its an expression of the heart, so many things can be communicated through the lyrics and rhythms that I cannot say myself. Or sometimes until I have heard a particular song, that makes me realize we are not alone in this world. That at this particular moment in time, someone could be feeling the exact same way we are. That's what makes a song popular I think.

Obviously artists write their songs so their fans can sing along at concerts and their words can be spread around the world. I however, often aim to ruin this magnificent plan. If I don't understand the lyrics, I sing whatever I want to. For example, "Kiss Me" by Six Pence None The Richer, says, "Lift your open hand and strike up the band." For years, I thought the lyrics were "Lift your auburn hair and strike up the band." Ooops! Now I've proudly been telling my friends that I don't know the correct lyrics to many songs.

Words of Wisdom: Dance as though no one is watching you. Sing as though no one can hear you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Live as though heaven is on earth. - William Purkey

No comments: