Thursday, January 13, 2011

Discovery

Do you ever think you get to the point where you don't know what you want to do so you just say something and start pursuing it? After a while it becomes who you are and all you know and you feel like you can't do anything but what you said, even though that's not where your heart is really at? What if your true dream seemed so outside of the realm of possibility that you were afraid to tell the world? So you began living and believing something that seemed acceptable and good...but deep down you always had doubts. You believed you could something much bigger and more exciting. Then one day those doubts had the chance to come to the surface and no one believes you. No one believes that you can do anything different because you led such a convincing role for so long. And when you finally had the chance to talk about your other dreams, no one will listen. The fear can either overtake you at this point and you can stick with your accepted plans or you can say, "screw you world" and go after what you'd really like to do.

I am finally realizing I can be anything and do anything, I just need to make up my mind. With my college graduation looming five months away, that needs to happen quickly.

So this is where I'm at. I've been living a good life, doing good things to get me to a place I've said I'd like to be; but really I feel I can do more, that I have this dream bigger than anyone knows, but I need someone to support me. I need you to support me.

Words of Wisdom: Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. ~Buddha

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~Douglas Adams

No comments: